Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Life: An Update- Toast, Green Tea & Honey

For the past month, I've been on winter break from school and the one thing I can say that I cherish is having time to sit down and enjoy breakfast. In the hustle and bustle of the normal school day, often times breakfast is forgotten and a quick cereal bar or energy shake takes its place. If there's one thing I liked about break, it's having breakfast. Many people have shared with me their morning breakfast routines. One friend of mine recited to me their daily morning breakfast as: 1 waffle with butter and syrup, 1 scrambled egg and coffee. Another said: forget everything else, just hand me the coffee. My own breakfast to do list? None...well none until yesterday. I've discovered that I really like the combination of toast and green tea with honey. Green tea by itself to me tastes absolutely horrible...just horrible. However, when its combined with toast and butter, it's just plain ol' good. I wonder if I'll carry this breakfast into next week when classes start. It's a strong contender next to my usual cereal or waffle breakfast. Whatever may be, I really hope to schedule in time for breakfast this coming semester. I'm actually sitting here right now eating toast and green tea with honey and it's close to dinner time!

Now let's talk about honey. I think I've fallen under the spell of the honey bee orrr Winnie the pooh fever. I really like honey! Of course its this whole "having breakfast during break" thing that has made me discover that I like honey but I never really realized how indescribably good the taste is. It's light and sweet and golden and just reminds me of the Bible. Huh? The Bible you say? Why of course! Honey is all over the bible. God promised to the Israelites the land flowing with milk and honey. John the Baptist ate locusts and wild honey...yum! no seriously if he ate pure wild honey, then anything he might of paired it with might have tasted good ;) Eating honey really takes me back to biblical times where I can imagine the people of God sitting around a table eating supper and passing the honey and the flat bread or that roasted lamb around the table. It sure must have been tasty. Honey just reminds me of the provisions God makes for his people and just how sweet his blessings really are. I don't really know why I'm ranting on about toast and green tea and honey but all I can say is I thank God for toast, green tea, honey, and most of all showing how great his provisions and blessings are to his people through a simple breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment