Thursday, January 06, 2011

I am Dust.


This week, as I sat in my Thursday afternoon Biology lecture, I became distracted by a small thought that crept into my mind. I found myself looking at my hands. Just looking. As I sat there, I thought about how this hand was formed, not only formed, CREATED out of dust. DUST. (I guess I can somehow justify myself and say that I wasn't completely "distracted" from biology since we were studying cells and it is a scientific fact that the dust we see on fans or around our house is in fact dead skin cells...anywho back to the point). 

So much love was poured out onto a heap of dust. As my eyes sat there glued to my hand, my mind began pondering about that day, perhaps hundreds of thousands of years ago, when the Creator of the Universe bent down and picked up a heap of dust and began molding it into something like His own image. And yet to think, after creating something like the magnificent ocean, and the beautiful stars in the sky, the most valued thing in all of creation is a heap of dust. Amazing right?
John 3:16 says: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Psalm 103:14 says: "For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust."

God remembers that we are dust, yet he still loves us. In fact, he sent his Son to die for us-the same dust who rejected him. He is willing to give us eternal life if only we accept Him as our Lord. Let's thank God for creating us, sustaining us and loving us even though he knows how we were formed.

Thank you Lord, for remembering this pile of dust. Please let us live humble lives in constant acknowledgment that we are a pile of dust made into something of worth only by you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment