One question has been on my mind constantly for the past two weeks. In a way, I'm happy that this simple question has wrapped its fingers around my thoughts.
"If an encounter with you was a person's only spiritual encounter, what would they see?"
I've been chewing on this thought for a couple weeks now and what I've realized is that many people that come in contact with me are in fact having their encounter with a little Christ but are they truly seeing Christ? Or am I getting in the way? Sadly, for a majority of the time, the latter part is true.
The person that comes to mind is: Joesph. Wherever he was, people saw that he was a child of God. They knew there was something different about him. Gen 39:3- "When his master [Potiphar] saw that the LORD was with him and that the LORD gave him success in everything he did, Joseph found favor in his [Potiphar's] eyes and became his attendant." (emphasis mine) Notice the word saw. Such a tiny word with a world of meaning. Potiphar saw that the LORD was with Joseph. He didn't hear Joseph say that the LORD was with him, he saw it. This captures my attention as much as it did for Potiphar and his entire household. Joseph was in Egypt, far away from the land of his forefathers- the people of God. I'm almost certain that Joseph was Potiphar's one chance at a spiritual encounter with the true and living God. Even the prison warden in jail knew there was something different about Joseph. They saw that the LORD was with him.
If a person saw me, would they see something different? Would they see that the LORD was with me? Or would they just see me claiming that Christ is with me?
I know that for my last post, I just posted verses up that were on my mind. Somehow, I'm finding that string of commonality in all of my thoughts which leads me to realize that these are just a few of the many things I need to work on.
If I were to write a few sentences summarizing the connection I've made, it would be this:
Remembering that I am only dust is a humbling thought that should lead me to live a more careful life-not full of showing others my righteousness or what I have done for Christ but showing others what Christ has done for me. Also, I like toast, green tea and honey.
No comments:
Post a Comment