What a strange new year it was! 500 miles away from home, in a stranger's house, surrounded by close to 30 new faces all enjoying each other's company under the roof of a beautifully furnished log cabin. Let's just say I had an unforgettable last week of 2011.
It all started on Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 when myself and four other girls left our homes and started a journey which would ultimately end in Kernersville, North Carolina. Early morning about about 5 am we left and passed through four states in about two hours. Our first stop was for breakfast in Virginia where we ate at the lovely Village Cafe (also seen on Food Network's Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives). I had the chance to eat three humongous pieces of french toast with a side of grits. (Woohoo for a first time grit taster!) The grits were porridgy and somewhat bland. Definitely old people food. It was definitely my goal to eat grits wherever I got the chance to- since I was travelling down south afterall! We then arrived in NC around noon where we stopped in to see a family friend. After spending time there we resumed our journey into Charlotte, NC for the 2011 Rise Up Conference- here is where we stayed till Friday the 30th. Let me just say that I've never been to a conference like this. So many different age groups all praising God and there to hear the unbridled, pure Word of God. Although there were MANY and I mean many truths that I learned that need to be implemented in my life, two things in particular stuck in my head.
1) We are meant to be in this world right now. We are like ships- What is a ship made for? A ship is made to be in the water. When does the problem arise? When water gets into the ship. We are made to be in this world. When does the problem arise? When the world gets into us.
2) Be wary of using the term "how can we kill time?" We must redeem or purchase our time. It is So V a l u a b l e. Even the Bible tells us to do so- check out Ephesians 5:16.
I met so many great people that week that I'll never forget. Some I may not ever see again till after I see my Lord.
Some awesome memories from the week: (these are more for my own recollection rather than your entertainment- although I don't discourage you being entertained by my thoughts :p)
Tuesday 12/27:
-My innate knowledge of when Gina would want to get into another lane while driving caused me to always yell out, "You're good" - Why am I such a backseat driver? lol :p
-Jeeja in the car having ADD and needing a horse tranquilizer...badly.
-Getting myself into a sticky situation at Village Cafe with the pancake syrup hehe
-Becoming stuck in traffic for an hour and a half on the way to the hotel all because of a BOWL GAME?? (I had no idea what a Bowl game was until last week haha)
-Finally arriving at the Marriott.
Wednesday 12/28:
-Meeting awesome people and singing together at the Hymn Sing!
-Joe Reese ended his message with the chorus of Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus!!! & Someone chose to sing that at the Hymn Sing! = Amazing.
-Random guy at Marriott asked Roby and me about the conference- children prayed for him and he saw it.
Thursday 12/29:
-IHOP dinner at midnight with some awesome people.
-Midnight madness after dinner where chaos broke out when our pen shattered into a million pieces.
-The Journey is the Destination
Friday 12/30:
-Saying goodbye to all the wonderful people was sad on my heart...but I guess it's time to go back into my nook of the world and implement the changes I learned.
-Visited the Billy Graham Museum and went to Mac's BBQ- hand's down best BBQ outing I've ever been to.
-Justin and Jogi sceaming out foods for Jason to order while he was talking calmly to the waitress and the best grit's I've ever tasted!! (Cheddar grits) I also got to try grits for breakfast on Thursday morning at the hotel! They were better than Village Cafe's but not better than Mac's.
-Arriving at a rocky driveway that seemed to lead to an ax murderer but it was Ellie's beautiful home at night.
-Crying from laughing so hard during dinner that I had to separate myself and eat dinner in the dining room.
Saturday 12/31:
-Indescribable log cabin owned by Pink and Sarah.
-Rita's house and the man cave with at least 30 stuffed deer heads on the wall.
Sunday1/1/12:
-Ate breakfast too fast- not good move for me.
-Took the scenic route home- amazing scenery I will never forget: mountains, valleys, cows grazing on the hillside, homes located miles away from each other, and it goes on...
My goal for 2012:
Implement real changes in my life.
Pray more.

No comments:
Post a Comment