Friday, December 02, 2011

The Loner

http://press.visitphilly.com/uploads/photos/1028_l.jpg
Today was a good day. Other than the fact that I couldn't focus and felt like I was getting sick, it was a good day. Even though I didn't get my work done or any of the things I set out to do, it was a good day. Why? Because I went on a walk! Ok, you might think I'm crazy. But I honestly realized how I really need more walks in my life. Just me, a personal walk, a stroll down memory lane (or in this case, 41st street). I have a three hour break on Fridays in between classes. I had a plan to get an essay done. Unfortunately, I couldn't focus at all. I decided to take a walk outside and thankfully it was beautiful, cool and sunny. I walked past cars, people, a park and found myself standing in front of a cafe. I decided to go in and see what this cafe had to offer me. I decided to purchase a small caramel latte and stepped back outside on my walk. The cafe reminded me of a coffee shop you would find in Kerala. Small, quaint, wooden floors, forest green paint- very cozy. I felt like a loner just walking by myself and getting a coffee by myself but to be honest, it felt very good. It was nice to just stroll. Quiet. Sunshine. Trees. Cold air. Warm latte in my hand. The day was so peaceful in those 30 minutes I used to walk. I even had some time to talk with God on this walk. I realized I need to do more of these walks. Hopefully I can make more time to do this sort of daily exercise. These lone walks really exercise the mind and body. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment