It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. (KJV)
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. (NIV) Lamentations 3:22
This verse has been on my heart for the past, I don't even know how long. It's been on my mind and heart for over three weeks now. The verse just strikes me as beautiful. If you were to ask me within the past three weeks what is beauty, I would probably reply- It is because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed. I don't know about you but I find a bit of irony in this verse. I see the LORD's great love..and then I see me being not consumed. We are always so quick to say God is Love. But where I fail to spend a good amount of time is on the reality that Hebrews 12:29 so vividly brings to our attention- for our God is a consuming fire. God could very well think about destroying my sinful self right now and I would vanish into thin air- never to exist again. But because of His Mercy. because of His Love. I am not consumed.
When I think about a sinful creature like me, I'm awestruck with wonder at how beautifully His holiness and love worked together on the cross. His love for me didn't overpower his hatred of sin. He fulfilled both in one transaction. How awesome is our God.
Once again,
Because of His Mercy. because of His Love. I am not consumed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekrKOYRZC0I
ReplyDeletehaha