Once upon a time, there was a King. This King was the king of a land. In-fact he made the land that he was king over. This land he made was his perfect little creation. He then decided that he wanted friends in this land. Not like the trees or clouds, but friends that were just like him-caring, loving, sharing, honest, and just fun to be with. He wanted friends who would be there with him but at the same time recognize that he is the King. So this King created a nation, and filled it with people-his people. He looked after the people of his nation, went out to fight their battles with them, provided them with clothing, shelter and a secure nation. Only, these people decided to reject him as their king. They decided that they wanted a different king. He kept calling them to stay as a part of his nation but they denied and rejected him and joined other armies and nations. So the King, being a fair and just king, allowed the people of his nation to have freedom to choose who they wanted for a king. So the people left his kingdom for other kings and nations. Soon afterwards, the people realized that they had made the wrong choice-they had chose to serve and become a part of the wrong nation. They realized that if they stay with these other kings, they would die. The King knew he had to help his people even though they left him. So he got on his horse and rode out to battle to bring his people back. He defeated dragons and witches and warlocks and voldemort and lollll. He gained victory for his people and the nation that left him. Today, the King has brought many of the people of his nation back home. Though the battle is won, some people of the nation willingly choose to stay with the other kings even though they know they will die. The people of the King's nation have been ordered to go out and search for survivors, lost souls, lost friends, still following other kings so that they too will be brought home-to safety and life.
For the past couple of weeks, I've really been meditating on God's Kingship. How our God is really a true King. His character revealed in scripture even shows Him as a King! He has a people whom he cares and provides for and a kingdom which will one day be complete. The way Isaiah captures the awesome scene of his vision of our Lord seated on his throne just boggles my mind. But don't take my word for it! Here, take a look:
Isaiah 6: 1-7
1 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. 3 And they were calling to one another: “Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty;
the whole earth is full of his glory.”
4 At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.
5 “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty.”
6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.”
WOW. How beautiful is that? I can picture in my mind, with my limited capacity, just a glimpse of what Isaiah is seeing and I'm dumbstruck. The King on this throne, wearing an exquisite, large robe- fit for a king, with a train that fills the temple. Beautiful Seraphim flying, calling out, proclaiming the holiness of the King. Isaiah is so humbled by this scene that he cries, "Woe is me!!!" He knows he is a sinner yet he has seen the King. Yet, a seraphim flies to him and assures him that his guilt is taken away, his sin is atoned for.
It reminds me of the graphic picture on Calvary where my King wore a crown of thorns and where moments before, he was adorned with a purple robe as a mockery of his very kingship. I thank my God and King that he has won victory for his people. With a King like the one true God, I can't imagine why people don't want to be a part of his everlasting kingdom. But one thing is sure, my King has asked me to go out in search for people who don't know about this awe-inspiring King and his everlasting kingdom. My prayer is that I can continue meditating on my King and follow out his orders to help expand his kingdom. I'll end my blog-post with the final verse I was meditating on.
Isaiah 6: 8
8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”
[Isaiah 6:1-8, As found in the NIV version, Emphasis mine.]
No comments:
Post a Comment